Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the Alameda County SBDC do?
- What doesn't Alameda County SBDC do?
- Where is Alameda County SBDC located?
- Who are ACSBDC sponsors?
- Does ACSBDC charge for its services?
- What are the scope of services ACSBDC provides?
- Where does ACSBDC teach its seminars?
- What does ACSBDC look for in its clients?
- ACSBDC has a team of counselors who offer one-on-one help to clients in diverse areas of business. Most of the Alameda County Small Business Development Center counselors have advanced business degrees from top schools plus 20 or more years of work experience.
- It conducts a wide variety of business seminars across Alameda County on subjects including Accessing Capital, Business Planning, e-commerce and web marketing, Human Resource Management, Expansion and Growth Capital, Legal and Business Issues and a variety of Best Practice programs designed to help small businesses use the best techniques possible to increase sales and profits.
- ACSBDC also has relationships with a wide variety of other service providers and will help its clients get the right help for their specific issue if that resource is elsewhere. We refer clients to lenders, SCORE, the Technology Advisory Program,and dozens of other groups in the Bay Area.
- Lastly, we answer calls from dozens of people each day regarding their information needs and help guide them through the company start-up process.
Question: What doesn't Alameda County SBDC do?
Answer: ACSBDC is not involved in grants of any kind nor can it provide services for not-for-profits except as it relates to their business, financial, or expansion needs.
In addition, ACSBDC is not part of the business licensing process nor does it become involved in assisting business in obtaining such licenses. .
Question: Where is Alameda County SBDC located?
Answer: We are located at 2101 Webster St, Suite 1200, Oakland, CA 94612
Question: Who are ACSBDC sponsors?
Answer: Funding for ACSBDC is provided by the U. S. Small Business Administration, the NorCal SBDC Network operated out of CSU Humboldt as well as most of the cities in Alameda County, and other corporate partners.
Question: Does ACSBDC charge for its services?
Answer: The ACSBDC doesn't charge for its services! This includes the one-on-one counseling program and any of the local seminars or classes.
Question: What are the scope of services ACSBDC provides?
Answer: The Center will teach, host and sponsor educational programs each year, provide free one-on-one counseling to clients across a broad range of business topics, and help companies get connected with the resources they need to be successful including lenders, SCORE, government agencies and other community organizations in the greater Bay Area.
Question: Where does ACSBDC teach its seminars?
Answer: ACSBDC teaches in several Cities across Alameda County and the Tri-Valley including Oakland, Berkeley, Hayward, Fremont, Dublin, Pleasanton, San Ramon and Livermore.
Question: What does ACSBDC look for in its clients?
Answer: ACSBDC is measured based upon the total economic impact generated by its clients. The criteria we are measured against include increases in sales and profits, loans received, new jobs created, companies that complete business plans and get started in business.
Therefore, ACSBDC clients need to demonstrate the ability to achieve significant Economic Impact with assistance and support from its consultants help and support.